Monday, January 24, 2011

My 30 for 30 Challenge


This past year has been one with a lot of transformation in it and it has been a great year as well.  Next month I am turning 30 and decided that to kick it off I would commit to 30 days of eating only real food. 

We’ve been doing pretty well since starting our real food journey but I still have some bad habits and some cravings that I am having a hard time kicking.  Since we are getting closer to introducing solids to Kaiden and he’s becoming more aware, I can no longer indulge in things and think it’s no big deal because he doesn’t know what is going on.  Now I have to make sure that I eat how I want him to eat.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve been eating WAY better that we used to.  Things like fast food no longer interest me, in fact I can’t even stomach the thought of Wendy’s or McD’s anymore and we are making most of our meals from scratch.  But we still get caught in our unprepared/lazy ruts and will get pizza from the local Greek place (which is really really tasty) or donairs.  And it is happening a little too frequently for my liking.  I also have a big issue with chips, I eat them too often and find I eat way too many in one sitting even if I am not enjoying them.

So I decided that we needed to get into a habit of being more prepared and increasing our recipe base so that we have ideas to turn to when we are in a rut or unprepared.  I figure that if we commit to 30 days of no cheating that will really help out.  Plus it will have all the other benefits that come with a healthier diet.

For me there will be no cheating at all (although for the record I don’t consider things like homemade ice cream cheating, hehe).  Everything, including snacks and treats, will be made from scratch or a real food version will be used (in the case of bread, we aren’t making it yet so we buy organic sprouted bread).  I am letting Cody cheat though; he can choose to do what he likes at lunches with no bugging from me.

My 30 days starts tomorrow and will end on my birthday.  I think I am going to have to come up with a really good dinner and dessert for that night!

No comments:

Post a Comment